Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson Planning


While designing and planning lessons to implement in the classroom, I always consider how students will think about and respond to the activities and problems that I have planned. It can be difficult to predict their thoughts, but I am usually able to get an idea of the questions that they will have so that I can develop strategies to help them overcome struggles that they face when learning the new concepts. I understand the developmental stage that the adolescent brain is in, so I try to think about ways that I can help them develop meaningful connections to the content material whenever possible. I know that students learn best when different types of long-term memory are accessed through various activities in the classroom. Peer interaction and group discussions about topics can be great ways for students to repeat concepts through listening and speaking to others as well as developing access to other student’s perspectives, which is an important part of adolescent growth. This provides an interesting and engaging way for students to discuss and repeat concepts in order to make connections and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment